Friday, April 25, 2014

Quality Grill Accessories Will Make Your Grilling Experience Magical

Have you ever sat out on your back deck and relaxed on your favorite chair while the smoke from the charcoal in your chimney starter wafts through the air? Is there not a better smell than that? I absolutely love the whole process of charcoal grilling from the setup to the end result. Some people love the convenience of a propane grill and I can tell you that propane is not my cup of tea. Charcoal grilling is the way to go and if you invest in the best charcoal grill accessories, your grilling process will be the best that it can be.

You have to start with your grill. I love Weber! I have used the imitations and they are cheaper but they just don't work as well as that kettle design for which Weber is known. I have a Weber Smokey Joe which is the smaller version of the kettle grill and I also own a One Touch which is a little bit bigger than the smaller Smokey Joe but is on wheels so that you can move it around your deck easily. There have been times when I have used the smaller model, the bigger model, or both at the exact same time. I give them the highest recommendation when it comes to charcoal grills.
Grill accessories like the proper utensils can also make a big difference in your grilling experience. Don't buy the cheap utensils because you know what? They will just fall apart in due time. If you invest in a high quality spatula, tongs, and grill brush, you will never regret those purchases. If you love grilling, spending a little more will go a long way.
Don't forget about charcoal storage. I always use Kingsford charcoal when I grill although I also buy wood charcoal at times if I want a really hot fire. Kingsford makes a high quality hard plastic container that fits a bag of Kingsford charcoal perfectly. I have kept my charcoal out on my deck in this container and it has gone through rain storms and snow storms and the charcoal has remained bone dry all the time.
Another concern should be ash storage. I bought a metal container that I use specifically for my spent ashes. It makes sense to invest in a container that will keep you safe from any potential fire. Grill accessories can be found all over but make it a point to spend a few extra dollars and buy quality products. They will last forever and will save you money in the long run!