Saturday, March 1, 2014

I always had a crush on SRK: Vidya

We caught up with talented and beautiful Vidya Balan, who was in Bangalore to attend the 56th Filmfare Awards and Idea Press Conference.
Vidya looked stunning in red and orange kanjivaram saree and was on cloud nine to be associated with the 56th Idea Filmfare Awards. Reason was good enough; she was felicitated with the black lady for her outstanding performance in Paa in 2009.

A happy Vidya said, "So far I have acquired three black ladies and all these hold a special place in my heart as well as home. When I am 60, I would like to own 30 black ladies. I have a fascination for Filmfare Awards since my childhood. I remember not being able to watch the awards because we were stuck in traffic jam. I started crying but my mother consoled me saying you can see the pictures in tomorrow's newspapers. My biggest pain was I would have missed Rekhaji."
Here's all that Vidya had to say about awards, Rekha and her crush on SRK.
What do awards mean for you?
They mean a lot; those who say they do not bother about awards are lying. Awards are a manifestation for your good work, but audience appreciation is most important for me. There is lot of competition and I am always on my toes.
Which do you think is your best award?
It's very difficult and unfair to select one. All are good in their own way. Let me go back to 2006 when I received my first Filmfare Awards - Best debutant and best face of the year. I could not believe it. There were stars in my eyes.
How do you feel when people compare you to Rekha?
Very happy, I consider it as too much respect.
Would you like to do any Kannada film?
Yes, something like Soundarya in Apthamitra. I am interested in good scripts. I recently did a guest appearance in Urmi - Malayalam movie. That's a gift to my parents because they always wanted me do at least one Malayalam movie.

We read it somewhere that you would love to romance SRK. Is it true?
Yes, absolutely true. Since forever I had a crush on SRK. He is eternal; you can't get better than that.
It is necessary to be a part of the Oscar race?
I don't think we need to do that, but it's a worldwide recognition; its prestige. We don't need it but no harm if you get it. If you don't, it's not the end of the world.
Do expectations scare you?
No, not at all! I appreciate it. I try to give my best but I don't take any pressure.
Tell us something about your love for sarees…
Most definitely I love wearing saree. Saree is the sexiest garment that looks good on all. It adapts to your body type. It epitomizes Indian-ness. Look at Rekhaji she always wears saree and still looks so glamorous. It gives the right kind of tease, it exposes and hides just the right amount.
Would you like to look more glamorous and shun the saree image?
I feel that saree is the most glamorous attire. However, as an actor I have no limitations. Though, in No One Killed Jessica I wore men's jeans and T Shirts, which were 2 or 3 sizes bigger but my personal wardrobe is full of sarees. I simply love them.
Which is the next bold movie you are doing?
A film on famous South Indian actress, Silk Smitha

Planning to lose weight?
I don't know. Would sit with the director and decide. It's always easy to gain weight than to lose it.
Would you like to do any reality show? Something like Khatron Ke Khiladi?
Well yes, but it all depends on the script. I keep getting offers but still waiting for something interesting. Hmmm Khatron Ke Khiladi I can't do, if I'll have to gobble up all that stuff, I'll faint on first day itself.
When you visited Big Boss, you said, 'I would like Sameer Soni to win'. But unfortunately he didn't. What's your reaction now?
It's ok, I said that because I personally know him. He's a good friend. I am no one to sit and judge. If Shweta Tiwari won then it is the decision of the audience.
Do you think 2011 started on a good note for you?
Yes by God's grace, it has. It opens up so many doors. I am really thrilled.
How do you feel when guys say they want to take you home?
Absolutely flattering… I like it!
Among Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore which is your favorite city?
Delhi in winters, Kolkata for life, Bangalore, whole year and Mumbai anytime.
Others present at the press conference included Tarun Rai of Filmfare Awards, Himanshu Kapania, Director, Operations of Idea and Jitesh Pillai, Editor, Filmfare.